MDG is a specialty consulting firm that works with transit and public agencies, architects, engineers, and other professionals in the planning and design of vehicle operations and maintenance facilities. MDG has built a reputation across its national client base for outstanding customer-focused facility designs.
While there are no current position currently open, Maintenance Design Group accepts applicants for the position of Facility Designer on a rolling basis. We seek self-motivated individuals looking for a job with expanding responsibility and growth potential. An ideal candidate will be a graduate of four-year architectural or engineering program with 0-4 years experience in facility planning and industrial operations design. Experience working with vehicle maintenance equipment as well as public works, bus and rail facility operations, is a plus.
Main responsibilities include:
- Selection, coordination and layout of vehicle maintenance equipment as a part of assisting architects and engineers in the design of maintenance facilities
- Facility programming, report writing, site master planning, modifying specifications and construction document development
- Construction field investigations and shop drawing review
Most desirable candidates will possess:
- Strong organizational and time management skills in order effectively work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Robust interpersonal skills and professional demeanor appropriate for interacting with clients, other design professionals and colleagues, often in multiple time zones
- Ability to use Revit (2010 or newer), AutoCAD, Microsoft Word and Excel
No professional registration needed. Position will require frequent travel throughout the United States. Position provides excellent benefits and competitive salary. MDG is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please email cover letter (required) and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Submission of work samples is optional and should be sent in Word or PDF format, no longer than 10 pages and less than 5 MB in size.