Maintenance Design Group (MDG) is a specialty consulting firm that works with transit and public agencies, architects, engineers, and other professionals in the planning and design of vehicle operations and maintenance facilities. MDG has built a reputation across its national client base for outstanding customer-focused facility designs.
Facility Design Manager
Maintenance Design Group is looking for a Facility Design Manager in its Los Angeles office.
The Facility Design Manager contributes leadership, experience and knowledge to a working team of individuals resulting in the creation of innovative facility designs and shows an ability to be a team player in a small but mighty A/E firm. This leadership role manages design and construction phases of projects from conception to completion. Keen focus on organization and follow through are required to be successful in this role.
The Facility Design Manager reports to the Region Manager. Some travel to client sites or other Maintenance Design Group (MDG) offices is required.
Academic / Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Architecture
- 5 plus years’ experience managing construction / design teams
- Working knowledge of Revit and AutoCAD
- Command of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and MS Project)
- Advanced leadership and mentoring ability
- Strong public speaking / presentation skills
Tasks / Duties
- Manage submittal and RFI process
- Control project budget, scope and schedule
- Ensure product deliverables meet quality standards
- Invoicing and contract management
- Promote MDG through regular client interface
- Report writing
- Represent MDG at interview presentations
- Other technical / managerial tasks as assigned
Participates in professional development seminar, course, workshop, or conference to be determined and approved in advance of attendance. Maintains continuing education requirements for any certification or license.
- General: Required to talk, hear, stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel and reach with hands and arms
- Tolerance: Able to sit or stand in front of computer or other equipment for long periods of time. Able to sustain attentive work on tedious or repetitive tasks
- Vision: Close, distance, color, peripheral, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus
- Lift/Carry: Able to lift and/or carry up to 50 pounds
- Climb/Crawl: Able to climb ladder, crawl under typical work surfaces
- Movement: Able to travel to and traverse uneven terrain, climb ladder and/or scaffolding, crawl under objects with less than 30 inch clearance
Please submit applications to Ed Kane: firstname.lastname@example.org